Technogym Club Series leaderboard
Summer of Surf can now reveal one the most exciting developments to this year’s series. Thanks to our new partnership with fitness and wellness solutions world leader Technogym, clubs will now have the opportunity to compete for our Summer of Surf Club Championship.
Due to the fantastic support provided by Technogym, a never before seen range of prizes, including cardiovascular and strength equipment, will be on offer as prizes for the 3 best placed clubs overall, in a dramatically redesigned format that is sure to fuel an inferno of interclub competition.
Technogym offer a wide variety of the highest quality equipment in cardio, strength, functional and more. They are a world leader in wellness solutions and can be found in 100 countries with 35 million people regularly using their products. Their support of the Technogym Club Championship will allow the successful clubs to refurbish their gymnasiums with the same equipment chosen by Olympic athletes and premier sports clubs worldwide.
The continued development of both individual athlete and club competition is exactly what Summer of Surf has set out to achieve. While we continue to celebrate the champions we never want to forget the clubs that traverse the country to attend competition rounds and provide the support that continues the sports growth and prosperity. The Club Series is specifically designed to allow all clubs an opportunity to claim these amazing prizes.
Further details of 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed clubs fitouts will be announced shortly.
The Club Series Regulations;
1. INDIVIDUAL EVENTS; clubs will nominate 8 competitors that are eligible for points in the Club Series from their individual races
– Clubs may select any number of male or female competitors within their 8 nominations
– Only the highest placed athlete of the 8 selected competitors will be eligible for points in each race.
-Competitors selected for their Club Series team will still be eligible to accrue individual event points
2. TEAM EVENTS; clubs may nominate up to an additional 4 competitors that are able to join the 8 individual athletes for team races.
-Only teams made of these (12) competitors are eligible for points in the Club Series
-Clubs may select any number of male or female competitors within their additional 4 nominations
3. NOMINATION CUT-OFF; individual and team competitors must be nominated prior to each round
– Clubs must submit Team lists to SOS admin in person or to email@example.com before the first event starts for round 1.
– Rounds 2 through to 6, team lists must be delivered on the Thursday before each round (5pm cut-off).
– Teams failing to nominate will receive automatically nominated points for the first 8 athletes according to alphabetical order of surnames.
– Teams with less than 8 entries in an event do not need to nominate and will still be eligible for points.
4. ATHLETE CHANGES; clubs may adjust their selected Club Series team before each round of the Summer of Surf Series
-Clubs will have the opportunity to nominate the same or different competitors at each round.
– Clubs may change up to 3 athletes after the Thursday cut off time but before the first event starts in the event of athlete sickness or injury
5. POINTS; points will be scored in the OPEN events ONLY for the male and female
-Nutri-Grain Ironperson, Surf Race, Run Swim Run, First National Real Estate Board Race, Ski Race, Beach Sprints, Beach Flags, Aussie Bodies Taplin Relays, Board Relays, Ski Relays, and Double Ski (male and mixed)
-The points allocated for the Club Series will reflect the same point score as detailed in each of the race descriptions; descending from 20 points for 1st, 19 points for 2nd etc.
– Aussie Bodies Mens and Womens Taplin Relays will be worth Double Points.
6. OVERALL; SOS administion will tally the relevant points from each team above to create event totals. Each clubs best 3 event totals will be tallied together to rank overall club series winners.