The Shaw and Partners Hayden Kenny Classic returns for its second year with a $100,000 prize pool and crucial overall points on the line.
With $10,000 cash and a Subaru XV on the line for overall ironman and ironwoman honours as well as jackpot opportunities that could see athletes winning up to $50,000 for winning all three premier events on top of additional overall prizes, the event will play make or break for athletes wanting to take advantage of the overall series incentives.
Host club Alex Headland will be putting forward some serious contenders in the event include Lana Rogers, Tayla Halliday, Cooper Williams and Jett Kenny who have all made incredible starts to the summer in their own right.
Rogers claimed the Summer of Surf World Cup Ironowman crown and looks forward to racing in the predicted challenging conditions.”
“With the swell predicted for this weekend it’s definitely safe to say it ain’t over till the fat lady sings. This will be fun racing at my beautiful home club with a bit of pressure off and just another chance to have another hit out with the girls. I like taking it one step at a time and that all starts with Friday heats. Fingers Crossed!”
Cooper Williams is fresh off winning the Iron Series trials a fortnight back at Tugun and is regularly found at the front of races.
“The trials have really given me a lot of confidence. Each time I race I am learning more and more about myself and just how capable I am, so I am hoping for a big result on my home beach!”
Round one of the Shaw and Partners Summer of Surf 2022/23 Series will officially kick off at Alexandra Headland SLSC on Friday the 2nd of December with a ‘Finals Package’ on Saturday the 3rd of December from 1pm, livestreamed on 7plus.
The Shaw and Partners Hayden Kenny Classic event again recognises and celebrates one of the best to ever do it on the sand and in the water, Hayden Kenny who won the inaugural Australian Ironman title in 1966.
Key Event Information:
Event race draws will be made available on Thursday and can be accessed through Live Heats.
For things to see and do on the Sunshine Coast, you can check out our full insider guide.
For overall series information click here.
All other information can be found on the Summer of Surf Website.
2022/2023 Shaw and Partners Summer of Surf Series:
- 27th-30th October – Summer of Surf World Cup 7,000 – Woolgoolga SLSC, NSW
- 20th November – City of Perth 5,000 – City of Perth, WA
- 26th November – Wanda Tradies One Club 5,000 Wanda
- 2nd & 3rd December – Shaw and Partners Hayden Kenny Surf Classic 10,000, Alexandra Headland
- 10th & 11th December – Whangamata Classic 5,000, Whangamata NZ
- 7th January – Shaw and Partners Senior Carnival 5,000 – Sorrento WA
- 8th January – Surf Coast Times Jim Wall Ironman 5,000, Torquay Vic – Tentative
- 20th & 21st January – Shaw and Partners Manly Surf Open, Manly 10,000
- 22nd January – Freshwater Classic 5,000
- 27th & 28th January – Murphy Builders Maroochy Classic 7,000, Maroochydore
- 10th & 11th February – Shaw and Partners Shannon Eckstein Ironman Classic 10,000, Northcliffe
Summer of Surf would also like to thank the incredible event partners Shaw and Partners Financial Services, Alexandra Surf Life Saving Club, Visit Sunshine Coast, Sunshine Coast Council, Surf Life Saving Queensland, Finis, Jolyn, We Are Feel Good Inc, Jolyn, Kracka, BOS Oceansport, LSKD, Race One, Oakley, Grinders Coffee Roasters and Tri Swim.